Preparing for a Zoom or Skype Interview
This is your first chance to make a great impression. After you have done your research on the company and prepared questions to ask your interviewer, do the following in order to have a successful video interview.
Video Interview DO’s:
- Find a quiet, private, well-lit place, free from possible interruptions.
- Do a test run to make sure your Wifi, audio and video are all working properly.
- ENGAGE with your interviewer – look at the camera not the screen.
- It’s fine to take notes and use them but don’t allow that to be a distraction.
- Dress like you would for an in-person interview.
- Leave your cell phone out of sight, there is no reason for distractions when you only have 30-45 minutes to impress.
- Close the interview, if you want the job make sure they know it, ask for email addresses and send out Thank You notes.
Video interview DONT’s:
- Answering a cell phone or responding to a text.
- Large Dog or child running across the room. While this could be incredibly hard to manage, try to not let it break your focus.
- Inappropriate attire. If you are interviewing for a job in sales, ripped jeans, a baseball cap and poor eye contact will likely result in failure.
We have 30-40 open roles with clients who are hiring with strong balance sheets! Now is the time to find your next great job.