EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• 2-3 years of relevant accounts payable and payroll experience
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and high regard for data integrity is required
• Solid understanding of corporate accounting operations
• Experience using ADP Workforce Now a plus
• Hands on accounting system experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; with intermediate Excel skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal employees and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to successfully organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Our client is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting and Finance team. This role will be an integral part of the corporate accounting department, working closely with our Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager. This position is vital to ensuring that the day-to-day accounts payable and payroll are completed timely and accurately. The ideal candidate possesses a solid foundation of corporate accounts payable and payroll experience, a strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to multitask and effectively prioritize daily duties and long-term projects. This position is located in our DC headquarters and reports to the Accounting Manager.
Responsible for the day-to-day accounts payable function including:
• Review and code vendor invoices ensuring compliance with company policy
• Review and process employee expense reports in a timely manner
• Coordinate the processing of semi-monthly check runs
• Liaise with internal employees and external vendors regarding approvals and questions
• Support month end and year end accounting close including 1099 filing
Responsible for maintaining and processing the semi-monthly payroll including:
• Accurate and timely processing of payroll in ADP Workforce Now including review of time sheet approvals, new hire setup, and one-off payroll changes
• Work closely with HR counterpart to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all wage-related data
• Establish new jurisdictions by applying for new state and local withholding and unemployment tax IDs, ensure that ADP receives tax IDs timely for tax reporting and remittance purposes
• Communicate with ADP to troubleshoot issues on an as needed basis
• Serve as the primary point of contact for payroll related questions from employees
• Maintain auditable payroll records
• Assist with month end payroll reconciliations
• Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statement audit by creating relevant PBC schedules and aggregating supporting documentation.
• Work closely with the Accounting Manager to document and monitor accounting policies and internal controls.
• Assist with reporting and ad hoc projects as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com