Technology Consulting Firm
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA in Accounting.
• Minimum two to four years overall experience, preferably including; monthly closing, making journal entries and preparing month end account reconciliations.
• Excellent working knowledge of PC and network environments and advanced knowledge of Excel required; experience with IBM Cognos TM1 or similar reporting software preferred.
• Strong and practical working knowledge of US GAAP.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail and dependable.
• Customer service focused
• Experience working with both domestic and international operating units preferred.
Participate in accounting for segment finance activities, primarily the recording and record keeping of revenue for segments. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience with revenue recognition, reporting, and controls. This person will report to the North America Core Accounting (NACA) Manager and interact with segment finance leads for revenue recognition.
Monthly Accounting Close
• Revenue Recognition:
o Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition.
o Analyze and understand various products/business and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition and proper setup in the system.
o Month end closing of revenue and expense ledgers with closing schedules: prepare revenue journal entries and account reconciliations.
o Create and analyze revenue related reports.
o Participate in development and documentation of revenue-related policies and procedures.
• Identify process issues and implement improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency.
• Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end close processes and reporting.
• Prepare and post other monthly journal entries including, variable compensation accruals, reserves, bad debt etc.
• Maintain journal entry tracking spreadsheet for the NACA departments. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for related accounts.
• Other special projects and duties as directed by the NACA Manager..
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org