Utility Holding Company
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance or related business discipline required.
• CPA or candidate for CPA preferred.
• Five years of accounting experience, including at least two years in financial reporting or researching relevant accounting standards.
• Audit/project team management experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of internal accounting controls and SOX guidance.
• Knowledge of FASB ASC Topics 815 (Derivatives and Hedging) and 820 (Fair Value Measurement and Disclosure) preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply accounting pronouncements to practical applications.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and project management skills to manage multiple clients and tight timelines.
• Ability to work independently and successfully execute complex process-oriented tasks while making appropriate business decisions.
• Review retail and wholesale contracts to determine proper accounting treatment, notably under FASB ASC Topic 815 (Derivatives and Hedging).
• Perform research and prepare justification memos in support of accounting treatment for retail and wholesale contracts. Conduct analysis and implement the changes needed related to new FASB derivatives guidance.
• Perform monthly accounting close, including invoicing (in ePRO). recording journal entries (in PeopleSoft), and G/L account reconciliations.
• Prepare monthly management reports, schedules and explanations, including monthly variance analysis of derivatives balances.
• Prepare quarterly (10-Q/10-K) footnote disclosures related to Derivatives under FASB ASC Topic 815 (Derivatives and Hedging) and FASB ASC Topic 820 (Fair Value Measurement and Disclosure).
• Respond to requests for information regarding derivatives from all Business Units.
• Assist with quarterly and annual external audits; provide reports as requested to External and Internal Audit. Ensure all derivatives accounting policies and procedures are documented and maintained.
• Ensure compliance with Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) and risk management policies and procedures.
• Special projects as assigned.