Leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• B.A. in Accounting with CPA or pursuing CPA preferred
• Prior experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
• Preparing or review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
• Implementing accounting systems
• Strong project management, time management and organizational skills
• General knowledge of GAAP guidelines and ability to enhance knowledge and apply to a variety of situations
• Familiarity with systems and optimizing use of systems to generate data for analyses
• Ability to work effectively within a team to complete projects
The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting in the monthly close process, including preparation of (i) monthly journal entries, (ii) account reconciliations, and (iii) variance analyses related to the monthly results. Other responsibilities for this position include assisting in the implementation of an accounting Enterprise Resource Planning system. This position will also work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team and meet with various other departments to understand fluctuations from budget and forecast to assist in the monthly close process.
This position may get exposure to technical accounting issues and interactions with external auditors related to the close process, account reconciliations and variance analyses.
The Senior Accountant should have a general knowledge Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and experience (i) working within a monthly close process, (ii) implementing accounting systems, (iii) preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant should be eager to learn and demonstrate high energy, time management and organizational skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules and review of monthly financial results
• Assistance in a variety of aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation
• Assistance with special projects within department or as part of cross-functional teams
• Research technical accounting issues
• Work with external auditors and facilitate review of the close process, account reconciliations and variance analyses
• Experience with Oracle Fusion a Plus
• Ensure timely monthly close and accurate monthly results
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com