Publicly Traded Manufacturing Company
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 7+ years of accounting experience, preferably within the distribution industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), active license status.
• “Big 4” experience preferred.
• Highly proficient in technical accounting research.
• Solid understanding of and experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Vast knowledge of acquisitions and integration of financial systems.
• Must be able to think and act strategically, but also be willing to “roll up sleeves” within the finance function.
• Familiarity with a variety of the financial concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
• Ability to be effective in a highly matrixed environment, to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization and drive change.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and process orientation.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong ability to work in changing environment, see through complexity.
• Demonstrate thought leadership and execute.
• Strong influencing and coaching skills.
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access tools.
• Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team-oriented culture.
• Some travel may be required. (10-20%).
• Supports the CAO with research projects and presentations related to new and existing accounting pronouncements.
• Author whitepapers related to new and existing accounting pronouncements.
• Assist the accounting function in acquisition analysis, acquisition integration and purchase price accounting.
• Supports the CAO and divisional controllers to ensure the organization’s financial results and external disclosures are appropriate.
• Liaison with the external auditors during quarterly reviews and the year-end audit process.
• Review contracts to identify accounting related issues and perform research as needed.
• Assist with investor relations activities such as financial press releases, conference call scripts and presentations.
• Perform ad hoc projects under the direction of the CAO and CFO.