American defense and government services contractor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance (or related disciplines) from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP reporting.
• Incurred Cost Submission Experience.
• 10+ years of progressive management experience in a related area.
• 12+ years of experience in multiple areas, including Finance, Accounting or Business Operations.
• Experience driving the review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and plans, and developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these plans.
• Strong English communication, both oral and written.
• Experience lead on projects
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and technical documentation.
• Strong knowledge of budgets, estimates at complete and projections.
• Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and propose solutions.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities, schedules and budgets.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project and Powerpoint.
Reporting to the Vice President & Business Area CFO. The Director Business Operations provides leadership to the Program Finance BPO Line of Business. Candidate will lead Program Finance team ensuring contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and analysis, financial estimating and proposal support for US government contracts. A key prerequisite for the position is a finely-honed aptitude for Fixed Unit Price work and the ability to analyze and assert to financial impacts driven by both unit volume and fixed and variable cost modeling. Responsible for the timely and accurate submittals of the business area financials to include but not limited to Orders, Sales, EBIT, Cash, and indirect budget reporting. Will provide business strategy to new business opportunities as they arise. Will be the DCAA liaison for annual and past Incurred Cost Submission Audits. Working knowledge of US GAAP. Key facilitator of annual external audit. Individual will also closely monitor and address Accounts Receivable performance. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Position is high visibility in support of a large international line of business.
Position duties include Financial/Program Control responsibilities in support of the BPO line of business in the areas of budgeting/reporting, sales, overhead, strong proposal pricing and long range planning. Specific examples of the types of duties would include: Budgeting, reporting, forecasting program cost, Subcontract/IWTA establishment, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting orders, sales, EBIT, controllable overhead, financial charts in support of Program Management Reviews, generation/fact-finding/updating/negotiations of proposals, funding requirement analysis, and monthly estimates to compete.
Ensures responsiveness to Program, Customer, and Corporate Needs. Utilizes creative and innovative resource planning solutions to ensure that corporate, customer and program deliverables are being met in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure clear, prepared and effective communications to Program/Corporate Leadership. Involves Leadership and management and in Key Business Operations issues. Communicates those issues clearly and decisively, and with prepared solutions.
Responsible for the supervision of Financial Analyst staff. This includes determining the nature and extent of procedures to be performed by each member of the group and provide oral/written guidance to ensure that they efficiently complete the procedures identified. Analyze internal controls in order to understand and document these controls while seeking to improve the flow of information through the re-engineering of existing processes currently utilized by Financial Accounting. Identify areas of improvement in financial accounting applications and operational procedures and effectively communicate these value-added solutions both orally and in writing to senior department personnel. Complete or delegate actions to execute process improvements.
Overall Responsibility for the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Internal and External Financial Statements. Review financial statements, propose adjustments, and suggest solutions to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are fairly stated and delivered to Management in a timely manner. Prepare certain analyses of Financial Statements and Program Data for Management and review such analyses prepared by other members of the Financial Accounting Staff. Directs development and maintenance of operational specifications for financial information systems. Respond to Internal and External Inquiries for Financial Data. Act as main interface with external and internal auditors related to the Financial Statements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com