Business Advisory Firm
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA required.
• Minimum 6-10 years’ experience with public accounting and/or US public companies preferred.
• Experience in compensation/share-based accounting a plus.
• Able to communicate effectively with segment finance leadership on SLA execution and continuous best practice improvements.
• Supervisory experience – best practice implementation, employee development, departmental reorganizations, controls and procedures focus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to identify, understand and apply technical accounting concepts (thorough knowledge of GAAP). Experience within a multi-national environment at a management level.
• Supervisory experience and excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Ability to do this over several mediums (i.e. face-to-face, skype, telephone, written/email) and with all layers within the organization. Exposure to senior leaders in corporate departments and segment finance leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to instill respect and trust of the accounting and finance team and colleagues.
• The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills.
• Able to work well in a matrix environment.
• Strong analytical skills.
• The ability to work effectively in a high growth environment and a rapidly changing organization.
• Good working knowledge of PC and network environment, word processing, database and spreadsheet software. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required.
• Experience with financial systems development and implementations.
• Experience working with both domestic and international operating units preferred.
This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Compensation Accounting Team, as well as drive (1) timely recording of compensation entries for monthly closings, (2) compensation accounting issue resolution and (3) recommend best practice in the areas of compensation accounting operations. This position will act as a liaison with the Technical Accounting team in writing white papers on nonstandard compensation arrangements and the related accounting impact. (e.g. share-based compensation, etc.). This position will work closely with corporate accounting, HR executive compensation team and segment finance leadership. Participate in key finance projects related to compensation matters and ensure that accounting staff are properly accounting for transactions under US GAAP. Ensure that SOX controls are documented, in place and operating effectively and reporting processes outlined in the SLA.
Monthly, Quarterly Segment Accounting and Reporting:
• Manage the corporate compensation team and activities including accounting for share-based compensation, forgivable loan accounting, multiple variable compensation programs, severance and other compensation related accounting as well as monthly closing entries and account reconciliations.
• Coordinate monthly close activities related to compensation in unison with firm-wide monthly close calendar; enhance timeliness of closing process by understanding critical path deliverables and developing the proper automation and best practice processes.
• Develop key metrics and communication tools to communicate status of key deliverables.
• Ensure proper accounting standards and controls are documented, tested and operating effectively – journal entry reviews, general ledger account reconciliations, analytic review of monthly results including detailed analysis and understanding of compensation issues.
• Ensure account reconciliations are timely, properly prepared and reviewed.
• Direct the administration of share-based awards, including grants, vesting, exercises and cancellations, liaising with HR, Legal and outsource provider to ensure timely reporting. Work with technical accounting to research and provide guidance on new awards and requirements related to accounting for share-based compensation.
• Direct the preparation of budgets and forecasts for compensation related items, including bonus and share-based compensation expense.
• Assess corporate departments’ preliminary results against forecast, budget and prior year expectations; ensure all proper accounting entries have been recorded.
• Support Legal in the preparation of the annual Proxy Statement
• Provide customer support to Segment accounting personnel as needed on compensation related matters as defined in the SLA.
• Ensure appropriate procedures are documented and in place to analytically review key account fluctuations within the balance sheet and follow up as appropriate.
• Promote process improvements and automation related to Elite or other financial systems in concert with Corporate Financial Information Systems teams and in support of Corporate Department information needs.
Controls, Processes & Procedures:
• Ensure compliance with US GAAP.
• Oversee the design and effectiveness of both operational and financial internal controls in areas of responsibility. Ensure that all SOX requirements are met.
• Liaise with external auditors on compensation accounting matters, document preparation (PBC’s), supporting document requests from auditors, audit process, coordination of audit requests with team resources.
• Assess accounting staffing model and evaluate staff performance to maximize productivity and ensure skills appropriately fit responsibilities.
• Recruit, coach and mentor direct reports – develop appropriate training opportunities.
• Assist in providing accountants the experience and training to effectively carry out required responsibilities including access to training to keep current on new pronouncements and accounting trends.
• Measure staff satisfaction and performance.
• Direct reports include Senior and staff accountants.
• Close working relationship with segment finance leads in all phases of proper accounting and control management. Advisory role in complex accounting areas being addressed by Corporate accounting.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com